YouTube Campaigns For Hawaii Businesses Are Taking Off
If you’re like most business in Hawaii use Google AdWords, Facebook advertising, LinkedIn advertising but have you heard about the power of YouTube advertising?
I have noticed a measurable increase in Hawaii based businesses using YouTube advertising but are they getting what the can out of it? Is it a sure bet that you see better conversions?
First, let’s go over the basics of why you should consider using YouTube advertising if you’re a business in Hawaii.
Undeniable Fact: YouTube is the No. 2 search engine in the world and rough estimates say that there are more hours of YouTube video views than traditional TV hours per day in Hawaii.
Lower Costs: With YouTube ads, in some cases you’re only paying a few cents per view for the in-stream or in-display ads. That’s a big bargain for generating brand awareness. Even better: You’re not charged for a view unless the viewer watches 30 seconds of the video or finishes the video, whichever comes first.
Sales vs. Branding: YouTube is way more cost effective than Facebook or other social media sites. If you are doing “spaghetti on the wall” buys then test out the power of YouTube, track it and get an eye-full on effectiveness.
5 Tips on Building a YouTube Campaign
If you like what you’ve heard so far, and are considering a YouTube advertising campaign, use these tips for crafting your strategy.
- You have 6-8 seconds before you get charge as a paid view. Make it a catchy video with brad logo and action in the first few seconds because if they click “skip add” they will subconsciously remember the brand.
- Instream advertising or static banner; what works best? Make sure you understand the different video advertising options that YouTube offers.
- Don’t be afraid to get help for your video production. Sometimes we get in our own way creating the pitch.
- Make sure that you stay on top of your targeted audience. If the audience that you targeted is not responding then change the audience parameters until you hit your niche.
- MOST IMPORTANT – the landing page of your campaign is crucial. The user that clicked on your add is on the move and does not have time to “look around”. Hit them hard and straight with a call-to-action.
Test It Out Before It’s Too Late
Like anything else, once that cat is out of the bag it will get saturated out there. For now we are seeing what I would consider sort term campaigns form Hawaii businesses. But as soon as it becomes a mainstream tool for Hawaii businesses the targeted keywords for specific audience will start to increase based on demand.
Without a doubt TrueView “in-stream” videos have proven to be strong conversion drivers and it’s cost-effective and actually drives sales at a scalable level.